Skip to main content
Contact Us

Illinois Institute of Technology. Institute of Gas Technology

 Organization

Biography

The Institute of Gas Technology was founded in 1941 by leaders of the U. S. gas industry with the mission "to specialize in scientific instruction and research pertaining to the production, distribution, and utilization of gas and its byproducts.' The Institute has since broadened its scope to include other energy sources and environmental protection and remediation."1 IGT was initially located on the campus of Illinois Institute of Technology, and occupied a complex of buildings built there for it between 1941 and 1977. In 1994 IGT moved its operations to Des Plaines, Illinois; it is now know as Gas Technology Institute.

Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:

Office of Communications and Marketing photographs, 1905-1999

 Collection
Identifier: 036.04.01
Description of the Collection

127 boxes of photographs of Illinois Institute of Technology campus, events, and people. Most photos are presumed to be taken by Communication and Marketing Office for various campus publications. Subjects and photographers are sometimes identified. The photos are in various formats: prints, negatives, and contact sheets, and some slides and transparencies. Most images are in black and white and most date from 1980 and before.

Dates: 1905-1999; Majority of material found within 1940-1980

Plat of Survey, Institute of Gas Technology, June 1, 1963

 Item
Scope and Contents

This plat of survey covers "the north 213.0 Ft. of the South 431 Ft of Basset's subdivision of the s/e 1/4 of block 16 of Canal Trustees Subdivision of Section 33, Township 39 North, range 14 East of the third principal meridian."

Two plans are included, one in duplicate.

Dates: June 1, 1963

Filtered By

  • Subject: College campuses X

Additional filters:

Filter By Record Type
 
Filter By Subject
 

Paul V. Galvin Library

35 West 33rd Street | Chicago, IL | 60616
312.567.6847 library@iit.edu