Skip to main content
Contact Us

Illinois Institute of Technology. Institute of Gas Technology

 Organization

Biography

The Institute of Gas Technology was founded in 1941 by leaders of the U. S. gas industry with the mission "to specialize in scientific instruction and research pertaining to the production, distribution, and utilization of gas and its byproducts.' The Institute has since broadened its scope to include other energy sources and environmental protection and remediation."1 IGT was initially located on the campus of Illinois Institute of Technology, and occupied a complex of buildings built there for it between 1941 and 1977. In 1994 IGT moved its operations to Des Plaines, Illinois; it is now know as Gas Technology Institute.

Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:

Henry T. Heald, University President's papers, 1920-1953

 Collection
Identifier: 024.04.01
Description of the Collection

The collection consists of correspondence, memos, reports, and other materials which constitute the administrative files of the of Henry T. Heald in his role as President of Armour Institute of Technology (Chicago), 1937-1940 and as President of Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago), 1940-1952.

Dates: 1920-1953

Office of Communications and Marketing photographs, 1905-1999

 Collection
Identifier: 036.04.01
Description of the Collection

127 boxes of photographs of Illinois Institute of Technology campus, events, and people. Most photos are presumed to be taken by Communication and Marketing Office for various campus publications. Subjects and photographers are sometimes identified. The photos are in various formats: prints, negatives, and contact sheets, and some slides and transparencies. Most images are in black and white and most date from 1980 and before.

Dates: 1905-1999; Majority of material found within 1940-1980

Filtered By

  • Subject: Commencement ceremonies X

Additional filters:

Filter By Subject
 

Paul V. Galvin Library

35 West 33rd Street | Chicago, IL | 60616
312.567.6847 library@iit.edu