Illinois Institute of Technology. Institute of Gas Technology
The Institute of Gas Technology was founded in 1941 by leaders of the U. S. gas industry with the mission "to specialize in scientific instruction and research pertaining to the production, distribution, and utilization of gas and its byproducts.' The Institute has since broadened its scope to include other energy sources and environmental protection and remediation."1 IGT was initially located on the campus of Illinois Institute of Technology, and occupied a complex of buildings built there for it between 1941 and 1977. In 1994 IGT moved its operations to Des Plaines, Illinois; it is now know as Gas Technology Institute.
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
The collection consists of correspondence, memos, reports, and other materials which constitute the administrative files of the of Henry T. Heald in his role as President of Armour Institute of Technology (Chicago), 1937-1940 and as President of Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago), 1940-1952.
- Subject: Universities and colleges--Finance X
- Filter By Subject
- Architectural drawings (visual works) 1
- Bronzeville (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Commencement ceremonies 1
- Engineering 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology -- Tuition 1
- Nonprofit organizations--Illinois--Chicago 1
- Real estate development 1
- Universities and colleges--Alumni and alumnae 1
- Universities and colleges--Faculty 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1