Institute of Gas Technology records, 1958-1979
Four items. 1. Clipped pages from 1958-60 IIT academic bulletin on Gas Technology program. 2. Booklet, "Membership: Institute of Gas Technology" (ca. 1979). 3. Booklet, "Energy Education: IGT" (ca. 1979). 4. Flyer: "Just Published" Bound Symposium Proceedings" ca. 1975).
Institute for Gas Technology Fellowship flyer, n.d. 2. Institute for Gas Technology Personnel Changes, 1977 3. Institute for Gas Technology information booklets, 1959- 1979
- Majority of material found within 1958-1979
Language of Materials
Records are in English.
The Institute of Gas Technology (IGT or GTI) was established in 1941 by members of the American gas industry for instruction and research on topics related to natural gas production, use and distribution. In later years, IGT's research areas expanded to also include alternative energy sources. From 1941-1977 IGT was housed on IIT's campus and was loosely affiliated with the University. In 1994 IGT moved to Des Plaines, Illinois and was renamed Gas Technology Institute; it is no longer associated with IIT.
Was separated from 1998.130 and assigned same number (1998.130). The collection number was changed on 7/14/2017 to 011.02.01.