Office of the General Counsel records, 1959-1984
This collection includes materials collected by the Office of General Counsel at Illinois Institute of Technology regarding the construction and leasing agreement between the John J.Crerar Library and Illinois Institute of Technology for the building which housed the Crerar and Kemper Libraries on the campus of Illinois Institute of Technology. It includes historical research regarding the real estate property known as Armour Mission. The library building was later re-named Paul V. Galvin Library.
- Creation: 1959-1984
Language of Materials
Records are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Available for Research
The John Crerar Library, a specialized science and mathematics library founded in the 1890s by the will of John Crerar, was located on the Illinois Institute of Technology State Street campus from ca. 1962 to ca. 1984. The Crerar Librar was located in a building erected to house the Crerar and Illinois Institute of Technology's Kemper Library. The two libraries maintained separate collections. Illinois Institute of Technology terminated its agreement with Crerar on Dec. 31, 1984, and the Crerar moved to the University of Chicago.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Contains information of primary historical documentation.
Catherine Bruck, University Archivist 8/18/2005