Institute of Gas Technology publications, 1942-1991
Materials (papers and serial publications) related to the Institute of Gas Technology.
Language of Materials
Records are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Available for Research
The Institute of Gas Technology was founded [in 1941] by leaders of the U. S. gas industry with the mission "to specialize in scientific instruction and research pertaining to the production, distribution, and utilization of gas and its byproducts." The Institute has since broadened its scope to include other energy sources and environmental protection and remediation. IGT was initially located on the campus of Illinois Institute of Technology, and occupied a complex of buildings between 1941 and 1977. In 1994 IGT move its operations to Des Plaines, Illinois; it is now know as Gas Technology Institute.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catherine Bruck, University Archivist
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Institute of Gas Technology (Organization)
- Fejer, Andrew A. (Person)