Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Contents
The Building Reference Files collection consists of a mix of primary and secondary source material relating to the buildings and campuses of the Illinois Institute of Technology and its predecessor institutions. These files formerly served as "drop files" where archives staff collected clippings, ephemera, and photographs related to the buildings and campus, and as a result, many of the files consist wholly of secondary material (including photocopies and clippings from university...
Description of the Collection
Later, typed copy of "First Twenty Years of Lewis Institute, 1896 to 1916" by George N. Carman, the First Director of the school. The 34 page text describes the Institute’s founding and other noteworthy events in the school’s history as well as Carman's educational philosophy.