Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 12
Alumni Memorial Hall blueprints, 1945
Three pages of blueprints (27 x 41") for the Navy Building (later, Alumni Memorial Hall) by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe and Holabird & Root. Drawings are identified as First Floor Framing, drawing S2; 2nd Floor Framing, S3; and Roof Framing Plan, S4. All are dated 5/17/1945 and are identified as revisions of commission number 7774.
Campus Models and Plans photographs, 1940-1990
76 photographs of architectural models, sketches, plans, drawings, etc. of the South State Street campus of Illinois Institute of Technology. An oversize folder holds 4 large images.
Campus photographic slides, 1954-1973
35 mm slides (most in color) of various Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago) activities, ca. 1954–ca. 1973. Includes shots of faculty and students in classrooms and laboratories, campus buildings (including interiors), campus grounds, campus activities (limited in number), and academic programs.
See spreadsheet listed in External Documents for slide index.
Celebrating 50 Years: S. R. Crown Hall, 1956-2006
Celebrating 50 Years: S.R. Crown Hall, 1956-2006, is a CD containing a pdf of photographs and texts documenting the planning, construction, and uses of S.R. Crown Hall.
Design and Construction Department reports, 2005-2007
Printed copies of a weekly electronic report distributed by the IIT Facilities office showing a combined project list/status report for construction projects on the campus of Illinois Institute of Technology. Reports identify the in-house project manager, architect, contractor, and budget figures. Note that this collection does not include every weekly report. Reports were no longer distributed after June 11, 2007.
Lewis Collens photos, 1995
Two 8" x 10" photographs. The first, in black and white, shows Collens at a sporting event holding a baseball, wearing a baseball cap, and posing with "Downtown Julie Brown" from MTV'S video jockey (MTV-VJ). The second, in color, shows Collens in an open field, hard hat in hand, standing next to a Komatsu crane/shovel.
McCormick Tribune Campus Center construction photographs, 2001-2003
McCormick Tribune Campus Center printed material, 1998
Illinois Institute of Technology's McCormick Tribune Campus Center printed matter, including publications, brochures and promotional materials resulting from the planning, development and construction stages of the MTCC, also preliminary landscaping plans.
McCormick Tribune Campus Center samples, 2001-2003
Office of Building and Grounds Construction records, 1956-1970
Office files documenting construction of various buildings on the campus of Illinois Institute of Technology. Drawings are generally not included, but the materials frequently include specifications, bids, contracts, financial information, etc.
- College buildings--Design and construction 11
- Architectural drawings (visual works) 5
- College buildings 3
- College buildings--Planning 2
- Landscape architecture 2
- Architectural models 1
- Architecture--Designs and plans 1
- Awards 1
- Baseball 1
- Blueprints 1
- Bronzeville (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Building materials 1
- Campus planning 1
- Design and construction 1
- Dormitories 1
- Laboratories 1
- Letting of contracts 1
- Photographs 1
- Universities and colleges--Faculty 1 ∧ less
- Illinois Institute of Technology 4
- McCormick Tribune Campus Center (Chicago, Ill.) 3
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Office of Facilities Management 2
- Mies van der Rohe, Ludwig, 1886-1969 2
- S. R. Crown Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- Alumni Memorial Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Carman Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Collens, Lewis M. 1
- George J. Kacek Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Gilbane Building Company 1
- Hermann Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- IIT Technology Business Center (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Office of Campus Life 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Office of External Affairs 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Office of Institutional Advancement 1
- Materials and Metals Building (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Paul V. Galvin Library 1
- Perlstein Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Richard H. Driehaus Foundation International Design Competition 1
- Schaudt, Peter Lindsay 1
- Seigel Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Stamets, John 1
- University Technology Park at Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago, Ill.) 1 ∧ less