Skip to main content
Contact Us

Illinois Institute of Technology. Institute of Gas Technology

 Organization

Biography

The Institute of Gas Technology was founded in 1941 by leaders of the U. S. gas industry with the mission "to specialize in scientific instruction and research pertaining to the production, distribution, and utilization of gas and its byproducts.' The Institute has since broadened its scope to include other energy sources and environmental protection and remediation."1 IGT was initially located on the campus of Illinois Institute of Technology, and occupied a complex of buildings built there for it between 1941 and 1977. In 1994 IGT moved its operations to Des Plaines, Illinois; it is now know as Gas Technology Institute.

Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:

IGT gaScope collection, 1988-1995

 Collection
Identifier: 011.02.04
Description of the Collection

IGT gaScope (previously Gas Scope) was a serial publication of the Institute of Gas Technology Communications Department. A newsletter-type publication, gaScope contained information about IGT projects and patents, activities, and people. Numbers 1 - 40 issued under title Gas Scope; numbers 42 - 95 (+) issued under name gaScope.

Dates: 1988-1995

Institute of Gas Technology publications, 1942-1991

 Collection
Identifier: 011.02.05
Description of the Collection

Materials (papers and serial publications) related to the Institute of Gas Technology.

Dates: 1942-1991

Filtered By

  • Subject: Gas industry X

Additional filters:

Filter By Subject
 

Paul V. Galvin Library

35 West 33rd Street | Chicago, IL | 60616
312.567.6847 library@iit.edu