Armour Institute of Technology library records, 1909-1940
Materials relating to the operation of the Armour Institute of Technology (Chicago, 1892-1940) library including circulation records, purchases of equipent and furniture, and inventory lists.
- Armour Institute of Technology (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Available for Research
Armour Institute of Technology, established 1892, was one of the two colleges that merged to form IIT in 1940. It was founded by local pastor Rev. Frank Gunsaulus and supported financially by Phillip D. Armour, president of the Armour Meatpacking Company. The Library was located in Main Building, and Nell Steele was the head librarian.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catherine Bruck, University Archivist August 10, 2005