Armour Institute postcard, 1905
One color postcard of with an image of the Amrour Institute,Main Building, Armour Mission and elevated railroad tracks with platform in the background. Markings on back: No. C307 Published by The Western News Company, Chicago, Ill/Leipzig-Berlin and Leipzig Berlin Dresden/Litho-Chrome/Trade Mark/Germany.
- Western News Company (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Available for Research
1 Item : Postcard
Armour Institute of Technology, established in 1892, merged with Lewis Institute in 1940 to create Illinois Institute of Technology. Armour Institute was created by Chicago pastor and activist Frank Gunsaulus, whose "million dollar sermon" inspired industrialist Phillip D Armour to fund a school built on "practical education." The campus was connected to the Armour Mission and Armour Flats complex on the near south side, and eventually absorbed and replaced those buildings.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catherine Bruck, University Archivist 6/8/2000