ARF/IITRI non-serial publications collection, 1961-1989
Various non-serial publications from ARF/IITRI. Contains the following publications: 1) Automatically Programmed Tools Long Range Program, n.d. 2) Seminar in Research and Ntional Railroads proceedings, 1961 3) Space Payload Management Capabilities of ARF, 1962 4) Buildings Survey Committee and Sub-Committee on Monitering Medical Facilities, 1962. 5) The State of Energy: 1980, by David L. Morrison (President of IITRI) 6) Proceedings of the Second Annual National Noise Abattement Symposium, 1951 7) Executive Summary and Consolidated Research Report from IITRI and the Center for Hazardous Waste Mangement, vol.1-vol.5, 1989
- Creation: 1961-1989
- Creation: Majority of material found in 1961-1989
- Armour Research Foundation (U.S.) (Organization)
Language of Materials
Records are in English.
Armour Research Foundation (ARF) was one of the first private, not-for-profit contract research laboratories in the United States. Begun in Chicago in 1936 by Armour Institute of Technology (AIT), ARF was acquired by Illinois Institute of Technology in 1940 when IIT was created by the merger of AIT and Lewis Institute. Re-named Armour Research Foundation of Illinois Institute of Technology, it was later reorganized as the IIT Research Institute (IITRI). Under all its iterations, the laboratory conducted research for commercial and government sources, expanding to an international operation. Per IIT President John L. Anderson's April e-newsletter to the campus community, "In 2002, Alion purchased the non-life-science assets of IIT Research Institute.... IITRI remains an IIT-controlled company and is led by David McCormick, who is also professor of biology at the university.... [In March 2010] the university received a cash payment...in exchange for our final holdings of bonds and warrants in Alion...." Source: IIT Archives (Chicago). Please cite source when quoting this information. Please send corrections or additional information about this topic to email@example.com.
Was separated from 1998.130 and assigned same number (1998.130). The collection number was changed on 9/14/2017 to 031.04.06.