Architecture and Campus Building Dedication collection, 1952-2005
Materials pertaining to architecture and Bauhaus-inspired activities at Illinois Institute of Technology, including the university's architecture and design programs. Items included as follows: Program from the October 26, 1952 dedication of the Chapel of Saint Saviour (Carr Chapel) on the campus of IIT, Two sheets of blank letterhead bearing the printed name Mies van der Rohe from Ludwig Mies van der Rohe's Chicago office (address and phone on the letterhead are as follows: 230 East Ohio St., Chicago 11, Illinois; Whitehall 3-0686), a copy of an address by Eero Saarinen, delivered at the April 30, 1956 dedication of S.R. Crown Hall (4 pp.), transcript of a November 22, 2005 Institute of Design panel discussion with Franz Altschuler, Martin Hurtig, and Allen Porter with Paul Young, moderator (The program was sponsored by Chicago Bauhaus & Beyond and held at Art Institute of Chicago), and two copies of an invitation from Paul Young and Margaret Fox, announcing the creation of the Young Fox Gallery (101 Orchard Street, Michigan City, Indiana) and the opening of its inaugural exhibit, "Bauhaus to Chicago" on June 23-24, 2007.
Language of Materials
Records are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Available for Research
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Was formerly 2007.033
Mindy C. Pugh, Assistant University Archivist, 8/1/2007
Part of the Paul V. Galvin Library. University Archives and Special Collections Repository
35 West 33rd Street
Chicago IL 60616