Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
1. Exhibits, Student 1982 2. Spring Open House, 1987 3. Architecture Open House, 2004 4. Architecture Events, 2004 5. Exhibit featuring William S Huff, n.d. 6. Open House Exhibit of Student Work, 1982- 2009
Collection consists of three series: 1) Historic Institute of Design poster images digitized by Dan Kuruna for preservation purposes; 2) Material related to an ID class taught by Dan Kuruna in 1997; 3) Digital recordings made by Dan Kuruna of interviews conducted in connection with the 2009-2010 "Living Modern" exhibit at The School of the Art Institute of Chicago (co-sponsored by Illinois Institute of Technology).
Black and white photographic negatives with contact sheets showing classroom scenes and social gatherings featuring Illinois Institute of Technology architecture students and faculty, circa 1942. Ludwig Mies van der Rohe can be seen among the students. There are also several shots from the 3300 block of south Federal Street, and one image shows a wall calendar in the background from May 1942. As a note, Mies was awarded a patent on May 19, 1942.
- Architecture -- Illinois -- Chicago 1
- Design 1
- Exhibitions 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Institute of Design -- Students 1
- Modernism (Art) 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. College of Architecture 4
- Art Institute of Chicago 1
- Borre, George J., Jr. 1
- Droste, Mary Elizabeth Spies 1
- Hilberseimer, Ludwig 1