Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Description of the Collection Five 8½ x 11" color laser images (made from 35mm Kodachrome slides) of Chicago architecture and markers related to Laszlo Moholy-Nagy and the Institute of Design. The photos were taken in October 2000 by Hattula Moholy-Nagy. The images include: 247 E. Ontario St. building, which held the School of Design from 1939-1945. The school was located on the second floor. 632 N....
Description of the Collection Materials related to the designation of Main Building and Machinery Hall (former Armour Institute of Technology buildings) on the campus of Illinois Institute of Technology as Chicago Landmarks. Includes the Preliminary Summary of Information submitted to the Commission on Chicago Landmarks, Jan. 2004 (30 pages) and a copy of the May 26, 2004 ordinance which awarded the designation (6 pages). Also copy of notes by Catherine Bruck for suggested edits to first draft of the nomination (3...
The National Historic Landmark nomination was prepared by Eric D. Thompson, Director of Development for the College of Architecture (IIT) in connection with IIT's plan to renovate the building.
- Subject: Historic sites X
- Filter By Subject
- Architectural drawings (visual works) 1
- Chicago (Ill.) 1
- College buildings -- Illinois -- Chicago 1
- Historic sites -- Illinois -- Chicago 1
- Filter By Name
- Illinois Institute of Technology 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. College of Architecture 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Institute of Design 1
- Main Building (Chicago, Ill. : South Federal Street) 1
- Moholy-Nagy, Hattula, Ms. 1
- National Historic Landmarks Survey (U.S.) 1
- S. R. Crown Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1