Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Institute of Design site photographs, 2000
Description of the Collection Five 8½ x 11" color laser images (made from 35mm Kodachrome slides) of Chicago architecture and markers related to Laszlo Moholy-Nagy and the Institute of Design. The photos were taken in October 2000 by Hattula Moholy-Nagy. The images include: 247 E. Ontario St. building, which held the School of Design from 1939-1945. The school was located on the second floor. 632 N....
Main Building and Machinery Hall Landmark Designation papers, 2004
Description of the Collection Materials related to the designation of Main Building and Machinery Hall (former Armour Institute of Technology buildings) on the campus of Illinois Institute of Technology as Chicago Landmarks. Includes the Preliminary Summary of Information submitted to the Commission on Chicago Landmarks, Jan. 2004 (30 pages) and a copy of the May 26, 2004 ordinance which awarded the designation (6 pages). Also copy of notes by Catherine Bruck for suggested edits to first draft of the nomination (3...
S. R. Crown Hall National Historic Landmark Nomination papers, 2001
The National Historic Landmark nomination was prepared by Eric D. Thompson, Director of Development for the College of Architecture (IIT) in connection with IIT's plan to renovate the building.
- Subject: Historic sites X
- Architectural drawings (visual works) 1
- Chicago (Ill.) 1
- College buildings -- Illinois -- Chicago 1
- Historic sites -- Illinois -- Chicago 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. College of Architecture 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Institute of Design 1
- Main Building (Chicago, Ill. : South Federal Street) 1
- Moholy-Nagy, Hattula, Ms. 1
Paul V. Galvin Library
35 West 33rd Street | Chicago, IL | 60616