Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Description of the Collection
Digital version in PDF format of the out-of-print autobiography FATHER OF RADIO by Lee de Forest, originally published by Wilcox & Follett (Chicago), 1950.
Description of the Collection Six typed chronologies containing timelines of institutional histories of Armour Institute of Technology (1892 - 1940), Lewis Institute (1896-1940) and Illinois Institute of Technology (1940 - present). Each covers a different time range and each was apparently compiled from different sources, though much of the information is repeated and consistent from one chronology to the next. While many of the events concerning IIT and its predecessors and affiliates listed in these...
Description of the Collection Fifteen minute audio recording of Lee de Forest speaking on his 85th birthday (August. 26, 1958) to thank over 60,000 Ham radio operators who sent him QSL cards in honor of his birthday. It was recorded by Harry Leonard, audiologist for Fox Studios, and played over Ham radio ARRL Headquarters in Harper, Conn. De Forest comments about how impressed he was at receiving the thousands of birthday greetings as a sign of "the high regard which radio amateurs hold toward myself." He recounts a bit...
Description of the Collection Materials related to the Signal Corps Training Program and Pre-Radar course at Illinois Institute of Technology during WW II. Includes information on staff, classes offered, enrollment statistics; samples of certificates awarded (by the Engineering, Science, and Management War Training Course (ESMWT): Advanced Electronics and Ultra High Frequency Techniques; Radio Measurements and Electronics; by the War Department, U. S. Army: Radio Operators; Radio Technician); course outlines;...
- Subject: Radio broadcasting X
- Radio broadcasting--United States--History 3
- Amateur radio stations 2
- Campus planning -- Illinois -- Chicago 1
- College buildings -- Illinois -- Chicago 1
- Fire protection engineering 1
- Fraternal organizations 1
- Fund raising 1
- Home economics--Study and teaching 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology -- History 1
- Presidents--United States--Election--1916 1
- Radar 1
- Radio broadcasting 1
- Soldiers--Education, Non-military (U.S.) 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- War work -- Schools 1 ∧ less
- De Forest, Lee, 1873-1961 2
- Armour Institute of Technology 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology 1
- Lewis Institute 1
- United States. Army. Signal Corps 1
Paul V. Galvin Library
35 West 33rd Street | Chicago, IL | 60616