Skip to main content Skip to search results
Contact Us

Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1

Lewis Institute records, 1827-1984

 Collection
Identifier: 001.02.01
Abstract Records of the Lewis Institute was a technical and professional college that served the greater Chicago area from 1896 to 1940. In 1940 it merged with Armour Institute of Technology to form the Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT). Includes financial and property records from the original bequest up to the founding of the school, and Board of Trustees minutes. Materials reference some other Chicago are colleges, including University of Chicago and Armour Institute of Technology. Student...
Dates: 1827-1984

Filtered By

  • Subject: World War, 1914-1918 X
  • Subject: Illinois Institute of Technology. Board of Trustees X

Paul V. Galvin Library

35 West 33rd Street | Chicago, IL | 60616
312.567.6847 library@iit.edu