Spaeth, Raymond J.
Raymond J. Spaeth joined Illinois Institute of Technology in 1940 and directed the redevelopment of main campus and also participated in the redevelopment of the Near South Side. Under his stewardship, IIT expanded from its original seven acres to 110 acres; he oversaw the construction of 34 educational and research buildings on the main campus (i.e., the State Street location). From 1950 until his resignation in 1960 he served as IIT's Treasurer, Assistant Secretary, and as a vice president. The Social Security death index indicates that a Raymond J. Spaeth of Hinsdale, Illinois was born on November 13, 1907 and died in February of 1982. It appears that Spaeth returned to duty at IIT in his former capacity as Treasurer by 1964, as UASC collections include documents from 1964 involving "R.J. Spaeth, Vice President and Treasurer."
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Letter dated Dec. 26, 1957 to Philip D. Sang from Illinois Institute of Technology Vice President and Treasurer Raymond J. Spaeth concerning a collection of autographed documents donated to IIT by Sang.
Program for farewell dinner held for Raymond J Spaeth, September 29, 1960
Appears to be the papers of Raymond J. Spaeth in his role as treasurer of Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago.
- Architectural drawings (visual works) 1
- Armed Forces--Equipment 1
- Bronzeville (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Campus planning 1
- College buildings 1
- College buildings -- Illinois -- Chicago 1
- College buildings--Planning 1
- Correspondence 1
- Disabled veterans--Rehabilitation 1
- Financial statements 1
- Minorities--Education (Higher) 1
- Programs (Publications) 1
- South Side (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Universities and colleges--Employees 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 ∧ less