Buildings and Grounds Building Alteration files, 1945-1949
Collection appears to be the papers of W. J. Parduhn, Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds. Files contain work orders, memos and correspondence, financial schedules, and miscellaneous other materials related to renovations and maintenance of campus buildings. Both old (previously existing) and new (primarily Alumni Memorial Hall, Perlstein Hall, Wishnick Hall) buildings are included. Drawings of the project work are sometimes included. Records appear to concern only IIT academic buildings, i.e., Armour Research Foundation facilities are not included (except for one folder as noted in Series 13). See Series level records for names of buildings included in the collection.
- Majority of material found within 1947-1949
Language of Materials
Records are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Available for Research
Arrangement of the Collection
Arranged by building name.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catherine Bruck, University Archivist 6/22/2010
- Alumni Memorial Hall (Chicago, Ill.)
- Architectural drawings (visual works)
- Chapin Hall (South Federal Street : Chicago, Ill.)
- College buildings
- Fowler Hall (Chicago, Ill.)
- Main Building (Chicago, Ill. : South Federal Street)
- Parduhn, Walter J.
- Peebles, James C.
- Perlstein Hall (Chicago, Ill.)
- Spaeth, Raymond J.
- Thomas R. Brown Hall (Chicago, Ill.)
- Wishnick Hall (Chicago, Ill.)
Part of the Paul V. Galvin Library. University Archives and Special Collections Repository
35 West 33rd Street
Chicago IL 60616