Anderson, John L.
John L. Anderson was the eighth president of Illinois Institute of Technology. He held the office from August 1, 2007 to July 30, 2015. Anderson served as provost of Case Western Reserve University from 2004 until joining IIT. Prior to Case, he served for 28 years at Carnegie Mellon University, including eight years as dean of the College of Engineering. He was a member of the Cornell University faculty before joining Carnegie Mellon. Anderson received his bachelor's degree in chemical engineering from the University of Delaware and his Ph.D. in chemical engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Investiture of Harvey Kahalas in the John and Mae Calamos Stuart School of Business Dean Endowed Chair
Two copies of DVD of investiture of Harvey Kahalas in the John and Mae Calamos Stuart School of Business Dean Endowed Chair, May 7, 2014. Speakers include John Anderson, Craig J. Duchossois, Jules F. Knapp, Bud Wendorf, John Calamos, Alan Cramb, Harvey Kahalas, and Rosemarie Mitchell.
Program for inauguration of John L Anderson, held on October 30,2007
Papers of John L. Anderson in his role as President of Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago. Collection includes, but is not necessarily limited to, the items as detailed in series level records. Note that some or all of the materials in this collection may be restricted.
1. Cryogenic Technology Seminars, 1967-1968 2. Physics event honoring Nobel Laureates Dr. Wieman and Dr. Lederman, 2001 3. (location: S31/1/C) DVD of investiture of John F. Zasadzinski in the Schutt Endowed Chair in Physics, April 12, 2012. Speakers include John Anderson, Paul Schutt, Alan Cramb, Russell Betts, and Kenneth Gray.
- Filter By Subject
- Academic rites and ceremonies 1
- Audio-visual materials 1
- College presidents--Inauguration 1
- Computers 1
- Endowments 1
- High schools 1
- IITRAN (Computer program language) 1
- Low temperature research 1
- Nobel Prizes 1
- Physics 1
- Seminars 1
- Special events 1
- Universities and colleges--Alumni and alumnae 1
- Video recordings 1