Faculty Appointment Letters collection, 1896-1977
Collection includes rolls of as microfilm with copies of records as follows:
- 1. Faculty Appointment Letters 1965 - 74
- "Emulsion No. 788258 64; Use Before Aug. 1980"; number stamped on cassette - 89100. One copy on microfilm cassette; duplicate on spool. Copies of letters signed by deans and others announcing academic appointments and salaries. Apparently in alphabetical order by academic year.
- 2. Faculty Appointment letters, 1974 - 1975
- "Emulsion No. 788258 64; Use Before Aug. 1980"; number stamped on cassette - 89098. One copy on microfilm cassette; duplicate on spool. Continuation of no. 1 above.
- 3. IIT Armour Former Faculty; Lewis Former Faculty
- "Emulsion No. 788258 64; Use Before Aug. 1980"; number stamped on cassette - 89099. One copy on microfilm cassette; duplicate on spool. Two 3x5" cards decks. First deck is of Armour Institute of Technology faculty and IIT faculty (ends ca. 1977 and apparently including Lewis faculty who continued at IIT) in alphabetical arrangement; all in a single alphabetical arrangement giving professor's name, degree and schools from which degree was received, IIT academic appointment/s by date and title. Shows termination date and next place of employment. Second deck includes a listing (chronological arrangement 1896 - 1940) of Lewis Institute Board of Trustees and Board of Managers followed by an alphabetical list (A - K only) of Lewis faculty with their degrees and academic appointments.
- Illinois Institute of Technology (Organization)
Language of Materials
Records are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
6 Items : 3 Microfilm cassettes, 3 Microfilm spools
When the Lewis Institute (1896 - 1940) and Armour Institute of Technology (1892 - 1940) merged in 1940 to create Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago, many of the faculty appointments at Lewis and Armour were continued at the new school.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catherine Bruck, University Archivist