Co-operative Education Program recruitment, 1948-1985
Materials related to the co-op programs: 1) Co-op Program mailing with original envelope 2) Assorted flyers about the co-op program, 1940s-1970s 3) Co-op education newsletters, 1977
- Creation: 1948-1985
The Co-op (Cooperative Education) Program was an internship program that combined full time work with full time classes in alternating semesters. It was established at Armour Institute in 1936 for mechanical engineering. In 1948 food engineering and technology were added, over the next decades it expanded to include most areas of study. It ran through the 1970s.