Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Blueprint, "Landscape Plan for Housing Area" of Illinois Institute of Technology campus (Chicago) by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, Architect, and Alfred Caldwell, Landscape Architect. Shows "play Meadow" and six surrounding buildings between Michigan Ave. and Wabash Ave. Includes a Planting List of tree varieties and counts. One sheet, 29x45"; scale 1" = 20'-0". Dated November 1, 1954.
Three pages of blueprints (27 x 41") for the Navy Building (later, Alumni Memorial Hall) by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe and Holabird & Root. Drawings are identified as First Floor Framing, drawing S2; 2nd Floor Framing, S3; and Roof Framing Plan, S4. All are dated 5/17/1945 and are identified as revisions of commission number 7774.
Office files from Mies van der Rohe Society related to the Lohan Master Plan and related activities.
Blueprints of three Illinois Institute of Technology campus buildings designed by Mies van der Rohe: Metallurgical Research Building for Armour Research Foundation (later the south portion of the Materials and Metals Building), Navy Building, Chemical Engineering and Metallurgy Building (later Perlstein Hall).
- Filter By Subject
- College buildings 5
- Natural landscaping 2
- Architecture--Designs and plans 1
- Blueprints 1
- College buildings--Design and construction 1
- Congresses and conventions 1
- Filter By Name
- Alumni Memorial Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- Caldwell, Alfred, 1903-1998 1
- Chicago Transit Authority 1
- Collens, Lewis M. 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Department of Chemistry 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Mies van der Rohe Society 1
- Jahn, Helmut, 1940- 1
- Koolhaas, Rem 1
- Lohan, Dirk 1
- Materials and Metals Building (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- McCormick Tribune Campus Center (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Pavlicek, Richard J. 1
- Perlstein Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Rock, Michael 1
- Ryan, George H. 1
- Thompson, James R., 1936- 1