Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Textbook titled "Elementary Surveying Problems for Field and Office," presumably used in Civil Engineering classes C. E. 202 C. E. 417 taught by John C. Penn. Work is autographed by the author and contains a photograph of a student using a John S. Swift Co., Inc. planograph.
Pamphlets for academic summer and weekend programs and classes held for high school students on Illinois Institute of Technology's campus.
Mimeographed copy of typescript titled Proceedings: Water Supply and Waste Treatment for Food Industries Course, being a 133-page book documenting a course sponsored by Illinois Institute of Technology and the Chicago Section of the Institute of Food Technologists, Sept. 1950 - Jan. 1951, directed by Emanuel Hurwitz, Associate Professor of Sanitary Engineering, IIT.
Correspondence to and from Thomas L. Martin, Jr., in his role as president of Illinois Institute of Technology. Includes a 1991 (post-presidency) vita and biographical sketch of Martin.
Four folders contain the texts of sixty-nine oral reports, speeches, addresses, and press conferences made by Thomas L. Martin, Jr. as president and president emeritus of IIT to IIT committees, deans, trustees, faculty, students, alumni, boards, professional and civic organizations, and the press. Organized chronologically with a title page for each speech with specific details about the occasion.
Materials related to IIT's participation in the Engineering, Science and Management War Training (ESMWT) program and IIT's own war training courses. Also represented are the University of Chicago's war training program materials. The collection also includes a Report of Technology Center Civil Defense Committee, a disaster plan created by IIT circa 1951.
The collection contains brochures and program material related to the Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) program at Illinois Institute of Technology.
- Filter By Subject
- Engineering -- Study and teaching (Secondary) 4
- Engineering -- Study and teaching -- United States 4
- Engineering 3
- Civil engineering 1
- Cold War 1
- College students--Recruiting 1
- Computer science -- Study and teaching (Secondary) 1
- Education 1
- Engineering--Study and teaching 1
- Fallout shelters -- Illinois -- Chicago 1
- Food industry and trade--Sanitation 1
- High school girls 1
- High schools 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Board of Trustees 1
- Interdisciplinary approach in education 1
- Mathematics -- Study and teaching (Secondary) 1
- Minorities--Education (Higher) 1
- Programming languages (Electronic computers) 1
- Reading -- Study and teaching (Secondary) 1
- Sanitary engineering 1
- Science -- Study and teaching (Secondary) 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American 1
- Textbooks 1
- Women engineering students 1
- Women science students 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- War work -- Schools 1
- Filter By Name
- Illinois Institute of Technology 4
- Armour College of Engineering 2
- Martin, Thomas Lyle 2
- Armour Institute of Technology 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Education and Experience in Engineering (E3) 1
- Penn, John 1
- Rettaliata, John T., Dr. 1
- United States. Engineering, Science, and Management War Training 1