Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
According to the donor, the original recordings were made on an early recording cutting machine which one of the students brought to the class. The poems were written by passing a pad of paper around the room with each student writing one line of poetry on a given topic. Each student would fold the page after writing his/her line so the next writer would not see what was already written.
Three issues (complete run) of IIT student poetry magazine, Bloo, published by the Humanities Department, Illinois Institute of Technology; issues dated May 1993; 1994; 1995. Soft cover, literary magazine, published for three years only, with poetry, fiction, and images by IIT students and faculty.
The collection includes manuscripts, publications, and letters of Frank Gunsaulus, mostly related to personal life and not Armour Institute. Manuscripts and publications include his own poems, some signed, including the poem he composed for Eugene Field's funeral. Letters are to F.W. Jay and include a recommendation to the Surgeon General for position of army surgeon.
Original poetry by Harry E. Biedinger (d. 1958).
- Filter By Subject
- Poetry 5
- Chicago (Ill.) 1
- College students 1
- Dadaist poetry 1
- Education--Illinois--Chicago 1
- Protestant churches 1
- Serial publications 1
- Student publications 1
- United States. Army 1
- Universities and colleges--Alumni and alumnae 1
- Filter By Name
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Institute of Design 2
- Biedinger, Harry E. 1
- Caxton Club 1
- Field, Eugene, 1850-1895 1
- Fiske, Dwight 1
- Gunsaulus, Frank W. (Frank Wakeley), 1856-1921 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Department of Humanities 1
- Jay, Frank Webster 1
- Lewis, Edwin Herbert, 1866-1938 1
- Lewis, Janet, 1899-1998 1
- Moholy-Nagy, László, 1895-1946 1
- Moholy-Nagy, Sibyl , 1903-1971 1
- Porter, Allen 1
- Schwitters, Kurt, 1887-1948 1
- Snapper, Jack, Mr. 1