Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
ARF dessert plate, 1940
One ceramic dessert plate, white with black letters "ARF" (for Armour Research Foundation) and black trim near edge. Marked on back: Liberty [illeg.] China/Albert Pick Co. Inc./ Chicago Illinois/McNicol China/Clarksburg/W. Va./U.S.A.
Metal tag previously used as an inventory tag on one of several file cabinets used by Marvin Camras at Armour Research Foundation. Reads: "Armour Research Foundation/A1879".
Armour Institute class photo printing block, 1909
Photographic printing block of the Armour Institute of Technology (Chicago) class of 1909.
Armour Institute fraternity paddles, 1921
Two fraternity paddles from Armour Institute of Technology chapters of Eta Kappa Nu and Tau Beta Pi. One reads "EKN/E. B. Mueser" (15" x 5"). The other reads "E. B. Mueser"/Dec. 3, 1921" on one side and TBP (in reverse) on the other (15" x 5"). See attached photo.
Armour Institute fraternity pins, 1920-1922
Two pins from Armour Institute of Technology fraternities: a diamond-shaped brass (or copper) paperweight from fraternity Eta Kappa Nu reading "EKN" and "AIT 1922," 3½ x 2" x 3" h; and, a round lapel pin reading "The/Cycle/1920"in the center and "Armour Tech" around the edge; ¾" diameter, yellow with black lettering.
Armour Institute music school artifact, 1895
Armour Institute of Technology (Chicago) opened in 1892 as "Armour Institute" and incorporated on June 20, 1895 as "Armour Institute of Technology" (but still commonly referred to as Armour Institute). Music, as an academic discipline, was not taught at Armour, but did comprise an active part of the extra curricular activities of the school. Little more is known about the Armour Institute Music School as a distinct entity.
Camp Armour sign, 1940
Pressboard sign for "Alfred E. Phillips Hall" in white block letters. On the back is written "From the main lodge of CAMP ARMOUR, Boulder Junction, Wisconsin.
Lewis Institute banner, 1940
Navy blue felt banner with ties on four corners, reading "LEWIS INSTITUTE" in white letters. History and use is unknown, but may have been used at school events prior to 1940 or at alumni reunions which continued the dissolution of the school at IIT.
Lloyd Hamilton Donnell and Leonard M. Taussig portraits, 1966
Portraits of Lloyd Hamilton Donnell and Leonard M. Taussig, two men associated with Mechanical, Materials, and Aerospace Engineering. The Leonard Taussig portrait is a 10 x 13” color photograph. The Lloyd Donnell portrait is an apparent self portrait, acrylic on canvas painting. Both used to hang in the MMAE office.
- Subject: Cultural artifacts X
- Greek letter societies 2
- Research, Industrial 2
- Banners 1
- Education--Illinois--Chicago 1
- Musicians 1
- Armour Institute of Technology 4
- Armour Research Foundation (U.S.) 2
- Eta Kappa Nu 2
- Bretz, Harold, Mr. 1
- Camp Armour (Wis.) 1