Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Textbook titled "Elementary Surveying Problems for Field and Office," presumably used in Civil Engineering classes C. E. 202 C. E. 417 taught by John C. Penn. Work is autographed by the author and contains a photograph of a student using a John S. Swift Co., Inc. planograph.
Four folders contain the texts of sixty-nine oral reports, speeches, addresses, and press conferences made by Thomas L. Martin, Jr. as president and president emeritus of IIT to IIT committees, deans, trustees, faculty, students, alumni, boards, professional and civic organizations, and the press. Organized chronologically with a title page for each speech with specific details about the occasion.
Materials related to IIT's participation in the Engineering, Science and Management War Training (ESMWT) program and IIT's own war training courses. Also represented are the University of Chicago's war training program materials. The collection also includes a Report of Technology Center Civil Defense Committee, a disaster plan created by IIT circa 1951.
- Filter By Subject
- Engineering 2
- Civil engineering 1
- Cold War 1
- College students--Recruiting 1
- Fallout shelters -- Illinois -- Chicago 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Board of Trustees 1
- Minorities--Education (Higher) 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American 1
- Textbooks 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- War work -- Schools 1
- Filter By Name
- Armour College of Engineering 1
- Armour Institute of Technology 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Education and Experience in Engineering (E3) 1
- Martin, Thomas Lyle 1
- Penn, John 1
- United States. Engineering, Science, and Management War Training 1