Illinois Institute of Technology. Institute of Gas Technology
The Institute of Gas Technology was founded in 1941 by leaders of the U. S. gas industry with the mission "to specialize in scientific instruction and research pertaining to the production, distribution, and utilization of gas and its byproducts.' The Institute has since broadened its scope to include other energy sources and environmental protection and remediation."1 IGT was initially located on the campus of Illinois Institute of Technology, and occupied a complex of buildings built there for it between 1941 and 1977. In 1994 IGT moved its operations to Des Plaines, Illinois; it is now know as Gas Technology Institute.
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
127 boxes of photographs of Illinois Institute of Technology campus, events, and people. Most photos are presumed to be taken by Communication and Marketing Office for various campus publications. Subjects and photographers are sometimes identified. The photos are in various formats: prints, negatives, and contact sheets, and some slides and transparencies. Most images are in black and white and most date from 1980 and before.
This plat of survey covers "the north 213.0 Ft. of the South 431 Ft of Basset's subdivision of the s/e 1/4 of block 16 of Canal Trustees Subdivision of Section 33, Township 39 North, range 14 East of the third principal meridian."
Two plans are included, one in duplicate.
Seven black and white photographs of Illinois Institute of Technology campus buildings taken by electrical engineering student Richard T. Smith in 1951.
- Subject: College buildings X
- Filter By Record Type
- Filter By Subject
- College buildings 3
- Campus planning 2
- College buildings -- Illinois -- Chicago 2
- Anniversaries 1
- Architecture--Designs and plans 1
- Armed Forces--Equipment 1
- Class reunions 1
- College buildings--Planning 1
- College campuses 1
- College campuses -- Illinois -- Chicago 1
- Commencement ceremonies 1
- Correspondence 1
- Disabled veterans--Rehabilitation 1
- Dormitories 1
- Fraternal organizations 1
- Greek letter societies 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology -- Administration 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology -- Alumni and alumnae 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology -- Faculty 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology -- Students 1
- Minorities--Education (Higher) 1
- Minority college students 1
- Minutes (Records) 1
- Real property--Maps 1
- Students--Social life and customs 1
- Universities and colleges--Employees 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1