Illinois Institute of Technology. Institute of Gas Technology
The Institute of Gas Technology was founded in 1941 by leaders of the U. S. gas industry with the mission "to specialize in scientific instruction and research pertaining to the production, distribution, and utilization of gas and its byproducts.' The Institute has since broadened its scope to include other energy sources and environmental protection and remediation."1 IGT was initially located on the campus of Illinois Institute of Technology, and occupied a complex of buildings built there for it between 1941 and 1977. In 1994 IGT moved its operations to Des Plaines, Illinois; it is now know as Gas Technology Institute.
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Seminar: Basic Plant Investment Economics Seminar brochure, 1980
Materials (papers and serial publications) related to the Institute of Gas Technology.
Four items. 1. Clipped pages from 1958-60 IIT academic bulletin on Gas Technology program. 2. Booklet, "Membership: Institute of Gas Technology" (ca. 1979). 3. Booklet, "Energy Education: IGT" (ca. 1979). 4. Flyer: "Just Published" Bound Symposium Proceedings" ca. 1975).
Institute for Gas Technology Fellowship flyer, n.d. 2. Institute for Gas Technology Personnel Changes, 1977 3. Institute for Gas Technology information booklets, 1959- 1979
- Subject: Research X