Early IIT Libraries records, 1893-1963
"Library Accessions", being 24 bound volumes with the original hand-written register of books and serials purchased for the Armour Institute of Technology, and subsequently, for the Illinois Institute of Technology library collections. Dates: 1893-1963.
- 1893 -1963
- Armour Institute of Technology (Organization)
Language of Materials
Records are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Available for Research
The Paul V. Galvin Library is Illinois Institute of Technology's main academic library. "Galvin Library" refers both the building and the collections which it houses. The building, which opened in 1962, was built to house both the Crerar Library (a specialized science and mathematics library founded in the 1890s by the will of John Crerar) and IIT's academic library, which operated at that time under the name of Kemper Library. The arrangement for joint tenancy of the building was ended in 1985, and the Crerar collection was removed to the University of Chicago. The IIT building was then renovated and re-named Paul V. Galvin Library.
Catherine Bruck, University Archivist