Space Use Reports, 1961-1980
Collection contains Space Use Reports concerning building statistics and campus space use at Illinois Institute of Technology, including the university's Crystal Lake, IL campus.
1. Pure Oil Co. Research Center (Crystal Lake, IL) site plan and building floor plans dated 1961.
2. Campus Space Inventory, being original hand-drawn measured scaled floorplans dated 1967, apparently for every floor of the following campus buildings: Hermann Hall, Alumni Memorial Hall; Civil Engineering Building; Chapin Hall; Crerar Library; Commons; Crown Hall; Economics-Mechanics Building (North and South); Gas Dynamics Laboratory (Automotive Laboratory); Heating Plant; Life Sciences; Main Building; Machinery Hall; Perlstein Hall; Siegel Hall; Wabash Building; Wishnick Hall.
3. Campus Space Inventory dated March 1, 1968 being a computer generated report produced by Ken Johnson (Assistant Director for Computer Applications in School Administration) with detailed information regarding building use at Illinois Institute of Technology. Tabbed sections include: Floorplans (photocopies of the item listed above); By building; By type of space; By department; Codes
4. Statewide Space Survey: A Survey of the Amount and Utilization of Space Available for Higher Education in Illinois; published Oct. 1980 by the State of Illinois Board of Education; 108 pages (photocopy of printed report). IIT is listed with the "Private Universities."
- Creation: 1961-1980
Language of Materials
Records are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Available for Research
Catherine Bruck, University Archivist 10/1/2002
- Hermann Hall (Chicago, Ill.) (Organization)
- Paul V. Galvin Library (Organization)
- Alumni Memorial Hall (Chicago, Ill.) (Organization)
- Commons Building (Chicago, Ill. : South Wabash Avenue) (Organization)
- S. R. Crown Hall (Chicago, Ill.) (Organization)
- Chapin Hall (South Federal Street : Chicago, Ill.) (Organization)
- Robert A. Pritzker Science Center (Chicago, Ill.) (Organization)
- Main Building (Chicago, Ill. : South Federal Street) (Organization)
- Perlstein Hall (Chicago, Ill.) (Organization)
- Wishnick Hall (Chicago, Ill.) (Organization)
- Seigel Hall (Chicago, Ill.) (Organization)