Aerial photographs, 1951-1961
Four aerial views of campus and the surrounding area:
1) Black and white aerial view of campus and surrounding area, roughly Michigan Ave. to Canal St., 31st St. to Pershing. Dated 1951, image predates construction of Dan Ryan Expressway, and includes Wentworth Gardens, old Comiskey Park, the Mecca building, and original Armour Institute complex. A two square block area to the east of State St., later to be developed as McCormick Village (student housing complex) is outlined.
2) Dated 1951, stamped on back "This is a photograph from the studio of Alexander and Associates, Inc. When reordering please specify No. 8110119."
3) Dated ca. 1959, no markings on back.
4) Dated 9/28/1961 per Brandt's code number; stamped "Aerial Photography by Brandt & Associates Cannot be reproduced without permission; 92861 - 7."
- Creation: 1951-1961
- Illinois Institute of Technology (Organization)
Language of Materials
Records are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Available for Research
Catherine Bruck, University Archivist