Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 12
Alfred Caldwell blueprint, 1954
Blueprint, "Landscape Plan for Housing Area" of Illinois Institute of Technology campus (Chicago) by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, Architect, and Alfred Caldwell, Landscape Architect. Shows "play Meadow" and six surrounding buildings between Michigan Ave. and Wabash Ave. Includes a Planting List of tree varieties and counts. One sheet, 29x45"; scale 1" = 20'-0". Dated November 1, 1954.
Alumni Memorial Hall blueprints, 1945
Three pages of blueprints (27 x 41") for the Navy Building (later, Alumni Memorial Hall) by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe and Holabird & Root. Drawings are identified as First Floor Framing, drawing S2; 2nd Floor Framing, S3; and Roof Framing Plan, S4. All are dated 5/17/1945 and are identified as revisions of commission number 7774.
Celebrating 50 Years: S. R. Crown Hall, 1956-2006
Celebrating 50 Years: S.R. Crown Hall, 1956-2006, is a CD containing a pdf of photographs and texts documenting the planning, construction, and uses of S.R. Crown Hall.
Guide to the Campus publication, 1986
A 24 page booklet written by Rolf Achilles and Charlotte Myhrum titled "Guide to the Campus of the Illinois Institute of Technology" describing the architectural history of 30 buildings on the IIT campus. A photograph of each building is included. Achilles holds copyright to text and images.
Lohan Master Plan collection, 1996-2003
Office files from Mies van der Rohe Society related to the Lohan Master Plan and related activities.
Mies News collection, 2005-2010
Mies News, being a quarterly newsletter to members of the Mies van der Rohe Society of Illinois Institute of Technology (Chicago). Mies News was launched with the Summer 2005 issue. Holdings include: Summer 2005, Fall 2005, Summer 2006, Fall 2006, Winter 2009, Fall 2009, Spring 2010, Fall 2010.
Mies van der Rohe blueprints, 1942-1943
Mies van der Rohe blueprints, 1944-1945
Mies van der Rohe Society interviews, 2002-2005
Richard J. Pavlicek collection, 1941-1948
Blueprints of three Illinois Institute of Technology campus buildings designed by Mies van der Rohe: Metallurgical Research Building for Armour Research Foundation (later the south portion of the Materials and Metals Building), Navy Building, Chemical Engineering and Metallurgy Building (later Perlstein Hall).
- College buildings 9
- Architectural drawings (visual works) 6
- Church architecture 2
- College buildings--Design and construction 2
- College buildings--Planning 2
- Natural landscaping 2
- Architecture 1
- Architecture--Designs and plans 1
- Awards 1
- Blueprints 1
- Congresses and conventions 1
- Serial publications 1 ∧ less
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Mies van der Rohe Society 4
- Alumni Memorial Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- Illinois Intsitute of Technology. Robert F. Carr Memorial Chapel 2
- Jahn, Helmut, 1940- 2
- Koolhaas, Rem 2
- Lohan, Dirk 2
- McCormick Tribune Campus Center (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- Achilles, Rolf 1
- Caldwell, Alfred, 1903-1998 1
- Chicago Transit Authority 1
- Collens, Lewis M. 1
- Greenwald, Bennett 1
- Greenwald, Herbert S., 1915-1959 1
- Grubiak, Margaret M. 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Department of Chemistry 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Office of Institutional Advancement 1
- Materials and Metals Building (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Myhrum, Charlotte 1
- Pavlicek, Richard J. 1
- Perlstein Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Rock, Michael 1
- Ryan, George H. 1
- S. R. Crown Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- State Street Village (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Thompson, James R., 1936- 1 ∧ less