Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Pages removed from photo album that contains black and white photographs. Included are images of Armour Institute of Technology Beta Psi fraternity members and activities, ca. 1928 - 1932. Also, the fraternity house at 3337 S. Michigan Ave., swimming and track. Women are included in the social event activities, and some individuals are identified. Presumable taken by fraternity member Alton A. Jungels, who created the photo album.
Various dances were hosted throughout the school year by the Armour Institute of Technology classes. The Freshman Prom was initiated in 1912 by the Class of 1915. A history of the class is included in 1915 edition of The Cycle (school yearbook), pages 51-52. The 1913 edition contains a recap of their Freshman year activities including the dance (page 79), a photo of the dance booklet appears on page 162.
Programs for the Baccalaureate Service and Commencement for the class of 1942, May 10th and 14th respectively. Also includes a tufted yellow and red wool fabric letter incorporating letters AIT for Armour Institute of Technology and the number "42."
Transcripts of students attending Lewis Institute, Armour Institute of Technology, Institute of Design, and Illinois Institute of Technology with graduation dates between 1940 and 1960.
Serial publication titled Technology News or Tech News, a complete run from 1928-1940.
Collection consists mainly of with B&W photos of Armour Institute buildings. It also includes two photos groups of men.
This collection is organized into four series, the first containing correspondence between faculty members, as well as contacts outside of the Institute. After correspondence, Series Two includes various collections that reference events and services from campus. Series Three includes very detailed financial records detailing the transactions between the Institute and various service providers, while Series 4 contains records dealing directly with student accounts and finances.
- Filter By Subject
- College students 7
- College buildings 2
- Fraternal organizations 2
- Programs (Publications) 2
- Universities and colleges--Alumni and alumnae 2
- Athletics 1
- Balls (Parties) 1
- College campuses 1
- College facilities 1
- College student newspapers and periodicals 1
- College student records 1
- College students -- Illinois -- Chicago 1
- Commencement ceremonies 1
- Correspondence 1
- Dance card 1
- Greek letter societies 1
- High schools 1
- Minority college students 1
- Minutes (Records) 1
- Musicians 1
- Photographs 1
- Records (Documents) 1
- Serial publications 1
- Social life and customs 1
- Special events 1
- Student publications 1
- Universities and colleges--Finance 1
- Universities and colleges--Societies, etc. 1
- Women college students 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- Filter By Name
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Office of the Registrar 2
- American Power Conference 1
- Armour, J. Ogden (Jonathan Ogden), 1863-1927 1
- Armour, Philip D. (Philip Danforth), 1832-1901 1
- Brophy, James John, 1926- 1
- Camp Armour (Wis.) 1
- Gunsaulus, Frank W. (Frank Wakeley), 1856-1921 1
- Guralnick, Sidney A. 1
- Hermann Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Institute of Gas Technology 1
- Illinois Institute of Technology. Office of the Provost 1
- John Crerar Library 1
- Jungels, Alton J. 1
- Lewis Institute 1
- S. R. Crown Hall (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Smith, C. V. 1
- United States. Army. Reserve Officers' Training Corps 1