Armour Institute of Technology student life photos, 1907-1924
Several class and club photographs from the Armour Institute of Technology, including founding charter and photographs for the Illinois Delta chapter of Pi Tau Sigma fraternity a honorary mechanical engineering from 1924 and a group photo of the “Nebraska Club” from 1907. Class photos, some group photos and some a college of individual portraints from Spring 1909, 1910, and unidentified. Also includes some photos of Armour Institute buildings, Main Building, Machinery Hall, Student Union.
- Armour Institute of Technology (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Available for Research
Armour Institute of Technology, establishedin 1892, merged with Lewis Institute in 1940 to create Illinois Institute of Technology. Armour Institute was created by Chicago pastor and activist Frank Gunsaulus, whose "million dollar sermon" inspired industrialist Phillip D Armour to fund a school built on "practical education." The campus was connected to the Armour Mission and Armour Flats complex on the near south side, and eventually absorbed and replaced those buildings.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catherine Bruck, University Archivist 7/23/1999