Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 14
Armour Institute Administration and Illinois Institute of Technology Incorporation collection, 1919-1972
The bulk of the collection consisits of materials, many mimeographic and photostatic copies, related to the founding of Armour Institute and IIT.
Two black and white professional portrait photographs of students at the Lewis Institute taken by George H Partridge of Chicago. One shows eleven male students, including Walter and Ralph Strong, with a faculty advisor. The other shows six Beta Theta Pho members with winner banner for the Inter-Fraternity Half Mile Relay Race.
This collection includes drawings, plans, blueprints, and other materials stored in the East Map Case. These materials are not all from the same source, nor are they a coherent collection by any factor other than that they are all stored together. See folder listings for an inventory of the items in this collection.
One folder of administrative materials related to the writing and publishing of the book titled "The Heritage of Illinois Institute of Technology," a commissioned history of IIT published in 1978, authored by Irene Macauley. Includes correspondence, invoices, and estimates for production costs.
Embossers and seals for Lewis Institute and Illinois Institute of Technology. The seals are for: Lewis Institute; Julia Beveridge, Notary, Public; Illinois Institute of Technology, Office of Registrar, Armour; Illinois Institute of Technology, Graduation with High Honors; Illinois Institute of Technology, Graduation with Honors; Illinois Institute of Technology Library (2 identical seals).
Navy blue felt banner with ties on four corners, reading "LEWIS INSTITUTE" in white letters. History and use is unknown, but may have been used at school events prior to 1940 or at alumni reunions which continued the dissolution of the school at IIT.