Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 20
U. S. Army discharge papers - a 1918 "Copy for the American Red Cross File" and a 1958 "Certificate in lieu of lost of destroyed discharge" - for Private John M. Rise, 3 457 282. Inducted Oct. 21, 1918; honorably discharged Dec. 9, 1918. Also what appears to be the panorama-type photo of his unit (photo cannot be unrolled and viewed).
Navy blue felt banner with ties on four corners, reading "LEWIS INSTITUTE" in white letters. History and use is unknown, but may have been used at school events prior to 1940 or at alumni reunions which continued the dissolution of the school at IIT.
Partial grade reports for Lewis Institute students with last names starting with N. Pages appear to have been cut in half and only the top portions remains.
Materials related to the George M. Pullman Educational Foundation, 1950 - 1962, and John T. Rettaliata's services as a member of the Board of Director. Names frequently appearing include Florence Lowden Miller and Dorothy Miller (Secretary). Two letters are signed by Graham R. Taylor: April 26, 1956 to Rettaliata and Oct. 25, 1957 to Mrs. C. Phillip Miller (in folder 4 or 5).
Two issues of The Lewis Bulletin from January 1904 and March 1904, along with a report titled “To the teaching force of the institute” about establishing faculty committees and names of various faculty members and instructors.