Armour Institute of Technology
Armour Institute existed from 1893-1939 and was renamed the Armour College of Engineering in 1940.
Found in 93 Collections and/or Records:
Bound copy of the "Armour Engineering Journal, published by the Technical Socety at Armour Institute of Technology, Chicago, January 1903. Vol. 1, No. 1."
Materials related to the physical facilities at the Armour Institute of Technology. Current contains: Parking Survey Report by the Senior Civil Engineering Class in City and Highway Planning
Armour Institute Administration and Illinois Institute of Technology Incorporation collection, 1919-1972
The bulk of the collection consisits of materials, many mimeographic and photostatic copies, related to the founding of Armour Institute and IIT.
Photographic printing block of the Armour Institute of Technology (Chicago) class of 1909.
Various dances were hosted throughout the school year by the Armour Institute of Technology classes. The Freshman Prom was initiated in 1912 by the Class of 1915. A history of the class is included in 1915 edition of The Cycle (school yearbook), pages 51-52. The 1913 edition contains a recap of their Freshman year activities including the dance (page 79), a photo of the dance booklet appears on page 162.
Diploma awarded to Charles G. Dreffein, B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Armour Institute of Technology, June 13, 1907. The diploma was signed by J. Ogden Armour (President of the Board of Trustees), Fred W. Smith (Secretary of the Board of Trustees), Frank W. Gunsaulus (President of the Institute), Howard M. Raymond (Dean of the Engineering School), and Louis C. Monin (Dean of the Cultural Studies). Vellum affixed with gold leaf (?) seal.