Armour Institute of Technology
Armour Institute existed from 1893-1939 and was renamed the Armour College of Engineering in 1940.
Found in 93 Collections and/or Records:
Programs for the Baccalaureate Service and Commencement for the class of 1942, May 10th and 14th respectively. Also includes a tufted yellow and red wool fabric letter incorporating letters AIT for Armour Institute of Technology and the number "42."
Two hollow wooden relay batons, one is orange and black, ca. 11 5/8" l. x 7/8" d. reads; "Illinois Relay Carnival/1930 & 1931/A.H. Jens, Armour/March 14, 1931/A. A. Stagg, Jr./Coach" The other ca. 11 7/8" l. x 1½" d. reads: "Armour Tech/Des Moines, Iowa/April 25 1931/A. H. Jens/Drake Relays Baton" and is black and white
One glass slide depicting a drawing or engraving of Armour Institute of Technology, Armour Mission, and Armour Flats at the corner of 33rd and Federal Streets. Aerial perspective view from the northeast. Image appears in an article about Armour Institute of Technology in "New England Magazine," May 1899 (or 1897?), p. 356.
Transcripts of students attending Lewis Institute, Armour Institute of Technology, Institute of Design, and Illinois Institute of Technology with graduation dates between 1940 and 1960.
Materials about Armour Institute of Technology faculty and staff. Currently contains "A Personnel and Placement Plan for Armour Institute of Technology" 1937
Two matted oversize portraits on board. Portrait of J. Ogden Armour is a reproduction of what appears to be a pencil drawing. Location of the original is unknown, but the image appeared in the 1928 AIT yearbook (Cycle) which was posthumously dedicated to Armour. Image is 11x17"; matted to 19x24". The second portrait is a formal photograph of an unidentified man, circa 1960's. Image is 15x19"; matted to 20x24".
Grade reports of students who attended Armour Scientific Academy from approximately 1900 to 1910. Records are arranged alphabetically by student name. These grade reports do not appear to be comprehensive.