Armour Institute of Technology
Armour Institute existed from 1893-1939 and was renamed the Armour College of Engineering in 1940.
Found in 93 Collections and/or Records:
"Library Accessions", being 24 bound volumes with the original hand-written register of books and serials purchased for the Armour Institute of Technology, and subsequently, for the Illinois Institute of Technology library collections. Dates: 1893-1963.
Magazine articles and news clippings about Armour Institute. The 1922 news clippings are exclusively about Armour Institute's baseball team and season.
This collection is organized into four series, the first containing correspondence between faculty members, as well as contacts outside of the Institute. After correspondence, Series Two includes various collections that reference events and services from campus. Series Three includes very detailed financial records detailing the transactions between the Institute and various service providers, while Series 4 contains records dealing directly with student accounts and finances.
Papers of Henry T. Heald in his roles as a faculty member and dean of Armour Institute of Technology prior to his appointment as president of AIT (and subsequent services as president of IIT).
One folder of administrative materials related to the writing and publishing of the book titled "The Heritage of Illinois Institute of Technology," a commissioned history of IIT published in 1978, authored by Irene Macauley. Includes correspondence, invoices, and estimates for production costs.
Video and printed program of the March 23, 2004 meeting of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Chicago Section held at the McCormick Tribune Campus Center on the campus of Illinois Institute of Technology.